Friday, September 18, 2015

JUST FOR FUN!

Happy Friday! 

I wanted to share two fun purse ideas I made as gifts.
Die cuts and embellies are what bring the simple base of these to their beauty! They are truly easy to make! 

There are many wonderful tutorials out there on making One Sheet Wonder Bags.
Here is one I used by Kelly Gettelfinger for the basic folding instructions. Once you know the basics...have fun tweaking and adding your own designs to them!

BIRD CRAZY!

Too cute right? 
As gifts, I filled these with yummy gourmet chocolates!
With the holidays coming I can think of several ways to use them.
For this purse I used the basic design instructions for 8 1/2" x 11" paper. The printed paper for the base was made using paints and stencils. For the top flap I used one of the Nesting Frame 7 dies on the diagonal. The embellishment here is one of my favorites!  One of Tim Holtz Bird Crazy images was colored with pencils, fussy cut and then heat embossed with UTEE. This technique gave her a wonderful thick enamel finish. Underneath the flap and on the inside of the purse there are two small magnets from Basic Grey that keeps this little baby snapped together with easy open and close features! Scraps of ribbons were braided together to make the handle.


Same basic design again using  8 1/2"x11" paper only this time it has been scored to make the long purse instead of tall. G45 paper was used here. The top flap was designed using Spellbinders Labels Thirty-Six.
The butterfly embellishment I made in a wonderful Faux Metal Art class that I took from Cheryl Lea at Impressvie Ideas. Perfect for the clasp on this purse.

Thanks for looking and have fun!


1 comment:

  1. Karen, these are adorable! I love how you colored the bird! I've never heard of that one sheet wonder bag. I'll be making one of those real soon. Thanks for the shout out, sweetie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete