Thursday, October 16, 2014

IMPRESSION OBSESSION~ COLORS OF FALL!


The leaves are staring to change their colors and you can feel the crispness in the air! Show us your fall colors and enter Impression Obsession's challenge. Play along with your creation for a chance at winning a $25 Gift Certificate. Anyone can join in and play! For all the guidelines go here to the IO Blog. 

Take a look at all the fall colors!
Karen Amidon...that's me!



I started playing with the Small Leaf die set with no plan in mind! As you can see, it turned into a fall wreath!
I cut the leaf die set four times using four different shades of a heavy weigh paper.  Flower tools were used to curve and shape the leaves. The solid color paper seemed a little drab so I rubbed on some Inka Gold!



Next, a simple base was laid out by overlapping the maple leaves onto a circle die cut. Before glueing anything down, I went back and tucked in the rest of the other shaped  leaves. Some of the leaves were glued and some raised with foam tape. I then tucked in the brown twigs that were made from the Bare Branch Set. I love how the  Pine Sprig soften the wreath. A few metal studs were added for texture. The bow and hello finish my wreath.




I made this card for CHA and, although it says "Happy Thanksgiving", I love the image of the Leaf CollageFor the background I used one of my "go to" stamps. The Small Gingham is a favorite. The pretty brown trim is made using Die Border Duo 1. The Button Set that I used here is great for making any color buttons that you might need to match your papers! There are six different sizes.


Thanks for looking and hope that you will join in with your fall colors!

2nd Card



6 comments:

  1. Hello fall, gorgeous fall leaves, welcoming ..well done. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, both cards are gorgeous. Love the leaves in the wreath, not to shinny, just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! Love that small leaf die! Lots of ideas! Talked myself from NOT buying it today from our local store! :( thanks for sharing! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fall leaves on your wreath are stunning! Both cards are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both Beautiful cards! The first card looks as if you put "real" leaves on your card...Really like the layout with the second card especially with the gingham (a favorite of mine) background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, WOW! I love the wreath, and then I saw the oak leaves on the next card and was trying to figure how in the world you'd propped them up like that to 'stick that far out from the page'. After reading your write-up I actually hit the link (thanks for including that) to verify the leaves and the written page really were just one stamped image. You definitely know how to make images look 3-dimensional!

    ReplyDelete