Friday, September 5, 2014

IMPRESSION OBSESSION ~ NAUTICAL BOX

SUMMER'S END ~ GREAT SAILING BEGINS!

Yay! It's friday and I have another box card to share. A short post with several pictures!
I love sailing and when these nautical dies were released I couldn't wait to play with them!


The Sailboat Dies come as a set of three.
I ran the dies a few times with different colored paper so I could make the sails a different color than the boat bottom.


The fun nautical embellishments, the anchor, wheel, lifesaver and lighthouse are all from the Mini Nautical Set.
On the backside of the lighthouse I used a gold paper so it would show through the lighthouse windows. I added the red paper also.


The waves were made with the Ocean Border Die and  Liquid Appliqué.
I hand cut the flags and fishtails banners and glued them to twine.


As the card folds flat this is what you see!
I tied knots out of twine mimicking the dp.


On the backside of the card I have used the "Hello" die from the Greetings Set. I cut the die twice and shadowed it in navy.
This card is A2 size!
Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!





5 comments:

  1. Another darling box! Love everything about this! The colors and dies are wonderful!,Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just sensational, Karen - fabulous nautical theme, and the deep shades of the red, white and blue give it a more vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! The dies and papers are terrific. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation! Love all details!!!

    ReplyDelete