Monday, September 30, 2013

Christmas Ornament

This ornament die is just stunning! I love how easy it cuts and the intricate design is just beautiful. I decided to go with colors that were a little more elegant than the traditional red and green! The ornament was cut using red cardstock. I chose a matt finish metallic paper behind it to show off the detail. 


Taking the same red paper I embossed a strip using the harlequin design to repeat the diamond pattern in the paper. A few touches of pearls, a bow and voila...you have a very easy Christmas card!


I heat embossed the sentiment with detail white.
This card is tent style and finished size is 5 1/4 x 5 1/4
Thanks so much for looking!

  • Stamps: Serendipity Stamps- Joy is Everywhere 945E
  • Die: Serendipity Stamps- Ornament Stamp and Die Set 1270GDCL
  • Ink: Stampendous-Detailed White Embossing Powder
  • Paper: Neenah Solar White, ep Tis The Season, Bazzill Peppermint, metallic cardstock, gray cardstock 
  • Other: Spellbinders-M-Bossabilities Harlequin, Perfect layer Rulers, Bow Easy, score tape, foam tape, heat gun, pearls, ribbon  




4 comments:

  1. Karen this is gorgeous! Love the layout of this beautiful card. I love that ornament die too...but the sentiment is new to me. Great photograph too.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you offset things... It adds more interest to the layout. I need to break the habit of always centering things! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb color palette. Hope it's okay if I steal it for some Christmas design project I dream up. Once again an elegant masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete